
Two Ohio police chiefs suspected of masterminding a break-in at the home of a surrogate mother for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have been arrested on undisclosed charges. Reports are that the men planned to snoop and obtain tabloid fodder to later sell for personal profit.
Even though SJP and Broderick are celebrities, they are also taxpaying, hard-working, citizens who put trust in our law enforcement just as you and I do. Their rights and trust in the law have been compromised.
I remember as a child, my parents always taught me to respect my teachers, elders, and law enforcement. It makes me sad that there are such corrupt people who work for these institutions. It often seems as though our children have no one to look up to in their young lives anymore.
While I still hold a huge amount of respect and admire the women and men who protect and serve, I also know that money talks, and drives people to do things that go against their morals.
Let's try and remember that trust, faith, and service to others is worth so much more than the mighty dollar.
No comments:
Post a Comment