I am currently taking a Children's Literature class. One of my required readings for the course is Charlotte's Web. Today, coincidentally, is what would have been author E.B. White's birthday. One of the main themes in this classic children's book deals with friendship. Charlotte is a true, loyal, and devoted friend to Wilbur the pig. I have a lot of "Charlotte's" in my life and am so thankful for them. As an adult, I seem to make friends easily. I am truly grateful for that gift and cherish all of the TERRIFIC people in my life that I consider a friend. No need to list them, for you all know who you are. I look forward to spinning more webs throughout our lives together...
"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."~excerpt from E.B. White's Charlotte's Web
No comments:
Post a Comment