Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fortune Cookie Nookie...


After eating my delicious Chicken Lo Mein and vegetable egg rolls I crack open my fortune cookie to reveal what my future had in store: "YOU WILL LEAD A RICH AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE".


Hollerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Finally, the fortune I have been waiting for and wanting for the past 30 years. Money! Fame! Success! Glamour!


Smiling, I ate the crunchy cookie and thought about what I might spend my new wealth on. New homes, cars, vacations. So many exciting possibilities!


Then the phone rang. It was my sister, telling me that my nephew wanted to tell me something. The moment he began to speak, I realized that my fortune had already come true.

I am already leading a rich and successful life. Rich because of my amazing friends, loving family, and supportive partner and successful because of my wonderfully rewarding job working with teens.


Let's all try to live more "rich" and "successful" lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

CandidaBell said...

I love you ska buddy. You speak the truth!