Friday, July 24, 2009

This Woman's Work...

Watching the television show So You Think You Can Dance a few nights ago brought me back to a place I never wanted to return to: my mother's battle with breast cancer. This was a very trying time for my family, which brought on more than just the cancer to fight off. I won't go into the private details of it all, but my family almost fell apart. Through my mother's strength, faith, and hope, she overcame this horrible terror and weathered all of the additonal storms that had clouded her life. She is a strong, patient, and forgiving woman. This video is a tribute to her:



"Pray God you can cope. I stand outside. This woman's work. This woman's world...I know you've got a little life in you yet. I know you've got a lot of strength left."

2 comments:

CandidaBell said...

Stacey - I didn't know that your mom is a breast cancer survivor. How wonderful, and yet now I understand why watching that piece was so heartbreaking for you. I am so happy to hear that through all the turbulence, your family made it through, and that she especially came out stronger than ever.

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I know all about cancer. I'm glad your mom survived. It's a terrible thing to happen to any family.