Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Truth Or Consequences...

Yesterday was "National Tell the Truth Day". This got me thinking. Does anyone really speak the whole truth, 100% of the time? In an ideal world, everyone would. But I just don't think this happens. Shitty, right? I certainly don't tell the WHOLE TRUTH 100% of the time. Which makes me feel even more shitty. Like when I say "I am 5 minutes away!" When in all actuality, I am barely leaving the house. Why can't I just say, "Sorry I am late, be there in 20 minutes"? It seems so much easier than trying to create some elaborate fib or little white lie for really no reason at all.

So from now on, I want to strive to TELL THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH...SO HELP ME GOD.

"It is better to ultimately succeed with the truth than to temporarily succeed with a lie."
~Adrian Rodgers~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling the truth. It's the best gift you could have given.