
In my 14 years being an "out gay man", I have made so many wonderful connections, been through several amazing experiences, and have called numerous people my "boyfriend". This does not make me a slut or a whore but instead makes me realize that I am attracted to a variety of different people, and have been blessed to have many different people influence my life in a "boyfriend situation".
Seeing a couple of "exes" this weekend has really forced me to reflect on the fact that I remain good friends with the MAJORITY of my ex-boyfriends. I cannot see it any other way, to be honest. Sharing a part of yourself, your soul, your weaknesses, your passion, and your fears with someone is a very deep and emotional thing. Trusting someone with your secrets and desires does not come easy to most people. Being the open book that I am, however, has made me very vulnerable and exposed in most relationships I have had. Again, I can't see it any other way.
So having shared even a couple months of my life with someone who I have called "my boyfriend" has always ben very special to me. Whether it was me who did the "dumping" or my mistakes which caused them to "dump" me, it really does not matter. I shared myself, my life and my soul with someone who in turn, also shared an intense part of themselves with me.
I thank all of my X-factors who have touched me, inspired me, and helped me along my path, whom I will always be grateful for.
There is not enough time in this life to have bitterness or regret regarding an "ex". One day I hope to never have another "ex" again. But until then, I will always have faith that I will learn, grow, and be inspired by any future, or past "exes" that will come into my life.
3 comments:
slut..jk...sweeter than me. all my exes can go fuck themselves
I feel the same way, but you have expressed it so eloquently.
just doin what i can
Post a Comment