
As the world mourns the death of Michael jackson, I reflect back to my childhood. Like so many around the world, I grew up listening to Michael's amazing songs, making up dance routines in my room, mimicking his videos, always in awe of how incredibly talented this man was as a performer.
Many may say that we should not be celebrating the life and achievements of Jackson due to the child molestation allegations, his legal and financial woes, and his often bizarre behavior. There certainly are arguments to both sides of the coin.
Today, I say we celebrate the life of not "Jacko Wacko" but of Michael Jackson, THE KING OF POP, the Elvis of my generation.
Despite what happens in anybody's life, we all make mistakes and sometimes act a bit "Wacko" ourselves. What we must remeber is to cherish everyday and celebrate the talents that we all possess inside of ourselves.
I will miss my pop idol, the trendsetter, the trailblazer, the dancer, the humanitarian, the singer, the philanthropist, the dreamer, the visionary, and the wonderful talent that he was.

4 comments:
What an honor to be remembered as a "trailblazer". I think that is one if the most wonderful labels to have. I would hope that people would say that about me when I pass away. It shows that that person really contributed their authentic unique selves to the world, whether it be one person or millions who were touched.
Jacque---you are a trailblazer in my life for sure...when i have doubts in life and am in despair, i recall what you once told me when we were in AmeriCorps. "Stacey, you may not understand or recognize it now, but HE is always with you and will always be on your side".
I wil never forget this moment we shared,,,,I will never forget that.
xoxo
Your observations are "spot-on". Michael was human like all of us. Let's forgive him human frailties and celebrate what he brought into our lives.
Well said...
Post a Comment